Africa: The Dark Continent & A Continent of Two Hemispheres
Oldest continent Africa continent
• This is the oldest land plot in the world by Europeans David Livingston and Henry Steinle. It is a part of Godwana Land.
It is the second largest continent of the world after Asia, whose area is about 20% of the area of the Earth’s approximately part of the world.
10 population resides in this continent. It is called the Dark Continent.
Africa: The Dark Continent & A Continent of Two Hemispheres
• Europeans David Livingston and Henry Steinle have contributed significantly to the discovery of this continent.
• It is mainly inhabited by Negro, Bushman and Bandu tribes.
• This continent is situated between 37 ° north latitude to 35 ° south latitude and 18 ° west longitude to 53 ° east longitude.
• It is separated from Europe by Gibraltar Strait and Mediterranean Sea and from Asia by Svejnahr, Bab-av-Mandev Strait and Arabian Sea.
The Indian Ocean in the southeast and the Atlantic Ocean in the west surround the continent of Africa. The equator passes approximately the middle of the continent of Africa. It divides the continent into two circles – north and south.
Hence it is called “A continent of Two Hemispheres”. The continent of Africa is the only continent from which all three important latitude lines, equatorial line, Cancer line and Capricorn line pass through. Because of this, most of the area of this continent is located in the tropical region.
Africa: Continent Climate
• Climate: Due to passing through the middle of the equator, similar (climate) divisions are found in both (northern and southern) Golardas of Africa.
Tropical climate is found in 75 percent of the area between Cancer and Capricorn. Here the rays of the sun fall in the intermediate and coastal parts throughout the year.
There is extreme heat and rain. Temperate climate is found here due to the low temperature due to the elevation in the plateau of South Africa.
The flow of trade winds in Africa is maintained throughout the year. These winds cause rainfall on the eastern coasts. Sustainable rainfall is highest in equatorial regions throughout the year.
The Congo Basin and the Guinea Coast receive the highest rainfall. The continent of Africa has the largest expansion of tropical conditions.
The Mediterranean climate is found in the northern and southern coastal regions of Africa. The rainfall here occurs in winter and the summers are dry.
• Great Rin Valley of Africa: The long and deep valleys formed by cracks or fractures in the land, both sides of which are directly shielded like a wall, are called land fault basins.
6900 km This great land-long valley is a special physical feature of Africa. This valley passes from south of Malawi lake to north to Lalsagar, Gulf of Suez and Gulf of Aqaba.
• Gold: Gold is the highest in the world. In Africa (21%) is extracted. The gold mines are in Johannesburg.
The main gold mine here is Witwatersrand. Has gone to the sea of the dead.
• Diamond: Diamond is also the most extracted in the world in South Africa. Kimberley is the center of diamond mines. Kimberley has the world’s largest diamond mine.
It is a famous diamond market. Africa accounts for the majority of the total diamond production in the world. Zaire is a pioneer in the production of industrial diamonds.
Africa Continent Countries list
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic (CAR)
- Congo, Democratic Republic of the
- Congo, Republic of the
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Equatorial Guinea
- Eswatini (formerly Swaziland)
Africa: Continent Most Forests
Most Forests: The vast tracts of Central Africa are covered with dense forests. Hot evergreen equatorial forests are found here.
• Cotton: Long fiber cotton is the main cash crop of Egypt. Miss cotton is famous all over the world for its excellence. The Nile delta and the coastal areas are the main areas of cotton production in the mill.
• Groundnut: Peanut production is higher in Nigeria and Senegal countries of West Africa.
According to anthropologists, Homo sapiens was born in Kenya and Ethiopia on the east of Lake Victoria in the first African continent.
• The highest temperature in the world is 58 ° C. Is recorded in a place called Al Azizia of Libya.
Nigeria (the country of Taitel) is the most populous country in Africa and in terms of population, it is the most populous country in Africa, Nigeria (the country of Taitel) and it is ranked ninth in the world in terms of population. To its north is the plateau of Jos.
Nigeray is the main river here. Here in summer, hot and dusty winds are often called Harmattan.
Mirun is located at the confluence of two continents Asia and Africa. A small part of the mill is also in the continent of Asia. Friend is also called the ‘gift of the Nile River’.
The Swahili language is more commonly spoken in Africa. Bantu language is mainly spoken by Negro people in Zaire.
•Al-Cairo is the capital of Egypt. It is the largest city on the continent of Africa. The world famous Pyramids and Sphinx are near Cairo. 3100 BC in Egypt The ‘Pharao’ was ruled by emperors.
Pretoria is the administrative capital of South Africa but its political capital is in Cape Town. Captadon is also the largest port. Johannesburg D. It is the largest city in Africa.
• Swaziland is a country surrounded by South Africa and Mozambique. The average age of the residents here is 35 years, which is the lowest in the world. Lesotho is a small country surrounded by South Africa.
• Africa’s coastline is particularly straight. Pygmy: It is a dense forest-dwelling tribe of Central Africa.
• Bad: Residents of the Sahara Desert.
• Masai: It is a resident of East Africa.
• Cape of Good Hope is the southernmost tip of Africa.
• Nigeria is called ‘An Epitome of West Africa’ or ‘Cross Section of West Africa’.
• South Africa has the highest manganese reserves and the highest production is also there.