South America Continent
• South America is the world’s fourth largest continent by area and fifth largest by population. Most of this continent is in the southern hemisphere. South America continent extends from 12 ° northern latitude to 550 southern latitude and 35 ° to 81 ° western longitude.
This entire continent is triangular. The continent is separated from North America by the Panama Canal. The Atlantic Ocean is spread in the east and the Pacific Ocean in the west.
The Draken Passage in the south separates South America from the funnel shaped Continent)) Antarctica continent.
Columbus was the first to arrive on the continent that had reached Colombia, but Vespucci Emerigo, a native of Italy, identified it as a new continent.
D. Major countries of America are Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay, Suriname, Peru and Guyana etc.
The equator passes in the north of this continent and the Tropic of Capricorn in the middle. Hence, it is generally a region with tropical warm climate.
Due to line rays falling on the Tropic of Capricorn in the summer season, there is more rainfall in the southern eastern part of the continent by commercial winds and the western part remains dry due to the blockage of the Andes Mountains.
South America Continent Mineral Wealth
• Emerald: The world’s largest page is found in Colombia.
• Copper: Chile is the world’s largest producer of copper.
. Sodium Nitrate: The highest sodium nitrate in the world is found in northern Chile.
Tin: Peru ranks third in the world in tin production.
• Silver: Peru is currently the world’s second largest producer of silver. It was formerly the largest producing country.
In addition to above.
Venezuela and Trinizad and Tobegau islands in the US have huge reserves of mineral oil. Large amounts of oil are extracted from the shallow waters of Lake Maracaio.
Trinidat is famous for coal tar.
Brazil is famous for iron ore. Brazil ranks third in the world after China and Australia in iron ore production. D. in natural gas production The country of Argentina is among the major countries of America. The Amapa mine in the northern part of Brazil is the largest manganese mine in the continent.
• Sugar: Brazil is the largest exporter of sugar.
Wheat: Pampas Maidan, Argentina. America’s most wheat-producing region.
• Cotton: Brazil is the largest cotton producing country in South America.
Sugarcane: Brazil is the second largest producer of sugarcane after India.
• Brazil borders with every country in South America except Chile and Ecuador. South America Continent Human Resources Here 10 percent of the population lives in the coastal parts of the continent. Ecuador is the most densely populated.
The swampy part of the Amazon Chasin interior plateau, Dhanchako and the Pentagonia and Atacama Desert Zero Zones. The native population here is Redhead. People of ancient Eka civilization lived in South America.
South America mainly consists of people of the following three species (i) American Indian (II) Black (ii) European
Apart from these, the following mixed species also live here.
(i) Mestizo: a mixture of Indian and Europoy species.
(ii) Mulatto: A mixture of black and European species.
(iii) Jambo: Mixing of Black and India. These mixed species have the highest number of mestizos.
South America Continent Important Facts
• The Andes mountain range (the longest mountain range in the world) is the major mountain range of South America.
Ancosuma and Ankakagua are its highest peaks.